I have swollen eyelids, weakness in arms and legs and tight sensation in neck 2 weeks after Botox. What should I do?

I had botox done 2 weeks ago and been told if you have weakness in arms, legs and droopy eyelid (more like swollen eyelids) I've been told these are symptoms of the toxin spreading or a kind of botulism? Is this true? I have mild symptoms but been told only time will tell as it's only been 2 weeks. Also the swelling of eyelids hasn't gone down. I dyed my hair 2 days before botox so unsure if this has an effect. I would like to drink but unsure of the effect it mite have.

Side effects of Botox

+1
These systemic side effects that you are describing are potentially quite serious.  I suggest you consult a neurologist to see if the amount of Botox that was injected can cause these symptoms.  Please let me know what happens. 

Botox reaction

+1
  • Botox can cause muscle weakness.
  • In the amounts used for cosmetic treatment, the amounts give are so small that should not occur.
  • You need to find out how many units you received. Cosmetic treatments are usually 10 - 60 units.
  • Botox shouldn't cause swelling of the eyelids unless this is a true allergic reaction.
  • There are other causes of muscle weakness.
  • I suggest you see the doctor who injected you and if s/he cannot explain this, see a neurologist.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD