Swollen Eyelid 6 Months Post Upper Blepharoplasty Procedure, What Should I Do?

I underwent the upper blepharoplasty surgery on March 25, 2011 (6 months ago). My right eye is considerably puffier and sits up a lot higher than the left eye. my eyelids looks even worse when I sleep on my side. Icing it doesn't help and my eye itches a lot so sometimes I rub it and my vision is blurrier than before. I also feel like I am losing the crease on my right eyelid as well as if it is starting to look the way it was before the surgery. What should I do? Will I need revisional surgery?

+1

Honestly, nothing needs to be done.  I think your upper eyes look very nice and I can't see anything wrong with your upper eyelid surgery.  I have performed Blepharoplasty for well over 20 years and I think your surgeon did a great job.  Any residual swelling should eventually stop.

Swelling after blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery

+1

Although we do not have your photos before, from the pictures you provided, I would consider it a good result. I do detect a small difference betwen the two lids, which is not unusual. It is quite possible that this will settle down with more time. I do not think you need to consider revision surgery. All the best. M. Samaha, MD

Mark Samaha, MD
Montreal Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Swelling After Surgery

+1

Torrance,

It is not unusual to have some swelling after blepahroplasty surgery.  This usually resolves within the first month, but some patients will see some swelling for the first year after surgery.  From the photos you have provided, I think you have very little difference in the appearance of your eyelids.  It looks like you have had an excellent outcome, and you may continue to see a small amount of improvement.

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon