What is Causing Swollen Edema Bilateral Axilla, Contracture of Left Breast with Swelling.

I had augmentation in 1984, have contracture with fullnes in upper pole of left breast, with a lot of swelling in left axilla some in right axilla.The swollen area seems like fluid under the skin, no pain just puffy. What is the most likely cause?I am 64 yoa The left breast is hard at the top and looks as if the breast tissue has slid of the implant very unsightly can pull up the breast and it looks normal. what is going on with the lymph node area and all the swelling?

Misshapen breast after breast implant and capsular contracture

+2

Your history is highly suspicious for ruptured breast implants. You need a face to face examination by a plastic surgeon and an MRI followed most likely by surgery. The nature of that surgery would depend on the finding at examination as well as in the MRI.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

+2

What is going on? you ask. You MUST see in person a boarded PS to determine this issue. Very hard to advise over the inter net. 

What is Causing Swollen Edema Bilateral Axilla, Contracture of Left Breast with Swelling

+2

Your question is impossible to answer without a physical examination.

You had your implants for nearly 30 years and the edema (swelling) may not be related to the implants. Classically, swelling in the arm pits may be caused by a variety of disease processes which infiltrate and block lymphatic flow back into the chest (anythiing from surgical scarring in the axillae to cancer, to parasitic infection). If you had not done so, you should be seen by a breast surgeon soon.

Peter A Aldea, MD

You need to have examination by a board certified plastic surgeon

+1

Your implants are more than 27 years old and may have rupture if they are silicone gel implant. please get a consultation for further evaluation.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon