Will my Swollen Dorsal Hump Go Down?

i noticed the hump still there slightly and the tip very swollen.The nurse assured me that is was swelling and way too early to form an opinion yet cuz it will decrease in size. but the hump feels to me like bone now so im a bit skeptical on wether its just swelling as she says.

Your Nose Needs More Time To Heal

+1

It takes time for the swelling to settle after Rhinoplasty. Be patient. Its posbile that a slight revision to reduce the hump further may be required. Keep in mind that over reducing the hump at the time of your initial surgery would have been a much bigger problem. Your surgeon was likely being cautious and this is always best.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swollen Dorsal Hump after Rhinoplasty

+1

Obviously you had surgery very recently - you still have black eyes. Swelling is common at this stage and will feel firm because of the underlying hard bone. Wait 3-6 months before you and your sugeon evaluate your profile.

Patience is a critical virtue in rhinoplasty

+1

Your photos show that your rhinoplasty was very recent- swollen areas and local reactions to the surgery can give impressions of abnormalities that will improve with time.  Try not to worry too much in this early postoperative period.  If there is a small amount of residual hump, this can usually be easily addressed with a minor touch up- also, nothing to worry too much about.  Patience is a virtue..... and sometimes a necessity!

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Swollen Nasal Hump

+1

Hi,

It appears that your rhinoplasty was recent. Give yourself at least 4 weeks if the hump is still there then you may need to address it with your surgeon at that time.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Healing and improvement continues after rhinoplasty up to a year

+1

The nose will heal after nasal shaping and improve and soften for up to a year after the procedure. Until this time the tip can be stiff and still seem slightly full, and there can be swelling over the upper bridge of the nose in an area called the radix. The nose should look fairly good and balanced after one week when the splint comes off. Your photo does show a bit of convexity over the bridge and I too suspect it may not come down completely though you are quite bruised. Keep in touch with your surgeon, and it does pay to wait out the year if you can to get the best out of any needed revision.

peterejohnsonmd

Swollen "bump" after rhinoplasty.

+1

It is too soon. It takes 6-12 months for you to see the final result, so be patient. Your surgeon can show you how this is only swelling.

It is difficult to tell

+1

You do not state the amount of time you are from surgery so it is difficult to tell you what would be a reasonable expectation at this point in time. It takes 4-6 months for all of the swelling in the bridge of the nose to go down and even longer for the nasal tip edema to resolve. 

Samson Lee, MD