Swollen Columella or Drooping Columella?

Hi, it has been 8 months since my rhinoplasty surgery. My columella is drooping a little and I am unsure whether it is swollen and will eventually look normal or if it is actually drooping. Is there any way I can tell on my own? Also, if it is drooping, are there any injections my doctor can give me to lift them up? Thank you!

Swollen or Drooping Columella?

+2

The tip and columella will continue to change for 9-12 months after surgery. If this is secondary the position of your columella a minor procedure to lift the columella can be done under local anesthesia.

+1

If this is subtle, then this may resolve with time.  If this is more significant, then a small revision can be performed at about a year after the surgery.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Columella issues

+1

A drooping or swollen columella is difficult to assess without an exam.  At 8 months it is conceivable that you still have swelling.  Best to ask your doctor inperson.