Swollen Columella or Drooping Columella?

Hi, it has been 8 months since my rhinoplasty surgery. My columella is drooping a little and I am unsure whether it is swollen and will eventually look normal or if it is actually drooping. Is there any way I can tell on my own? Also, if it is drooping, are there any injections my doctor can give me to lift them up? Thank you!

Swollen or Drooping Columella?

The tip and columella will continue to change for 9-12 months after surgery. If this is secondary the position of your columella a minor procedure to lift the columella can be done under local anesthesia.

If this is subtle, then this may resolve with time.  If this is more significant, then a small revision can be performed at about a year after the surgery.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Columella issues

A drooping or swollen columella is difficult to assess without an exam.  At 8 months it is conceivable that you still have swelling.  Best to ask your doctor inperson.