Swollen columella 7 days after open rhinoplasty. (photo)

I had an open sinuplasty and rhinoplasty 7 days ago and I am afraid my columella may not be healing correctly. The incision line has some red bumps and the top part seems very swollen. My doctor is on vacation for another 5 days and I don't want to bother him unless it's absolutely necessary. Should I wait it out or give him a call?

Swollen columella 7 days after open rhinoplasty.

+1

I would return to your surgeon for an assessment or get in contact with the surgeon for guidance.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

+1

I surely would contact your surgeon.

He/she may want to put you an antibiotics if you are not now.

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Swollen Columella After Open Rhinoplasty

+1
The swelling (edema) in the columella and the bumps on the incision are within normal range for an Open Rhinoplasty. It is difficult for me to discern in the picture whether the tip is black and blue, stained from dried blood, or dusky from poor circulation. To be sure, you should consult with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or his office staff and send the picture.

Best wishes
West Orange Plastic Surgeon