Swollen After Mastopexy with Implants

I'm 47 years old and I had mastopexy with 180cc saline implants 5 weeks ago my breast seems to be to bulky on the bottom, I had an inverted T procedure. This bulky bottom is because my breast still swollen ? or is because the implants are sagging on the bottom? Please respond. Thanks

Swelling after surgery

+1

More than likely what you feel is the swelling after just having a breast surgical procedure. This usually gets better with time. I fyou are concerned, then speak with your doctor.

Swelling after breast surgery: the breast or the breast implant

+1

After about 3 weeks, breast swelling should be decreasing and the tissues will start to relax. The "bulkiness" you are experiencing may be either some persistent swelling at the lower edge of the transverse component of the inverted T incision since this is the dependent and lowest part of the breast and last to have the swelling resolve, or it could represent breast tissue along the lower border, especially if an inferior pedicle for the nipple was utilized. You as well could have the implant in this area and an early "double bubble" if the implant was placed under the pectoralis muscle. I would recommend discussing this with your plastic surgeon. One way to determine what it is would be lay on your back and if it goes away it is likely the implant or more commonly breast tissue in this area, if it is persistent it may be swelling.

Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Swelling after breast surgery

+1

It is impossible to give you a definite answer without an examination and photographs.  Five weeks is too early in the recovery period and the bulk you may be seeing could be due to swelling.  I advise waiting at least 3-6 months (depending on how your recovery is) before making a final decision.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Post Breast Lift Swelling VS. Sagging Implants

+1

Plastic Surgery is a very visual field. The best verbal description does not match a single photograph. In the absence of a physical examination much less a photograph it is impossible to comment on your situation except to say that at 5 weeks it is unlikely that what you are seeing is implant sagging and you may be seeing residual breast tissue swelling.

Swelling after mastopexy

+1

It is difficult if near impossible to tell from a verbal description. Judging on the size of your implants, it is less likely to be implants and more likely to be your own tissue.