Would Rhinoplasty help fix my bulbous nose? (photos)

Hello I'm 18 now and I've really hated my nose for about 6 years, since in my puberty phase it started to grow thicker and more and more bulbous. I dont like that the shape of my nose is so undefined and especially from the front perspective both the bridge and the tip are so massive. Would there be a chance for me to have the shape of my nose get more defined and more elegant?

Bulbous nose and rhinoplasty

Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for a corrective rhinoplasty that will improve the way your nose looks to complement your facial features in a natural fashion. Your nasal bulbous tip can be addressed and you will enjoy a more feminine look. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip repair and more definition

The bulbous tip is created by wide and thick lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip. To refine the bulbous tip, suture techniques are applied to the lower lateral cartilages, and sometimes a conservative cartilage removal is also performed as well. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are performed to narrow the bridge line. For many examples of how  we have narrowed a wide nose, please see the link below

Would Rhinoplasty help fix my bulbous nose?

The bridge and tip can be refined with a closed rhinoplasty and no visible scars with less downtime.

Dear Eloriana,
Many thanks for the question.Although its the tip that you hate but a good plastic surgeon would like to do more for you.The issue is not just tip although this is the worst part.More definition and refinement for the tip is sure that you need but your dorsum needs to match with the refined tip which at present is not high enough and not defined  enough.
I am sure your will find the right one in your home country.

Rhinoplasty to improve definition

Overall, the shape of your nose is attractive. However, especially on the frontal view, your nose could benefit from more refinement and definition. In addition to further defining the tip, the mid and upper aspects of the nose could also be more defined. The dorsal aesthetic lines (the lines that start at the central aspect of the eyebrows, follow along down the bridge, and end at the tip) are poorly defined and slightly wide. Enhancing definition of these and slight narrowing would improve the appearance of your bridge (dorsum). The transition point between your cheek and the nose also could be slightly narrowed to improve the overall appearance of the mid and upper aspects of your nose.

If you have been considering rhinoplasty for several years now, you would benefit from consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what options might benefit you.