Switching from 510 Cc Mod Profile to 750 Cc High Profile?

I am replacing my implants. I am going from 510cc saline mod profile to 750cc silicone high profile. I am 6' and 145lbs. Is there going to be a significant difference in size? Thanks for any feedback!

510 cc to 750 cc Implant Upsize

+1

A 240 cc increase in size should be noticeable.  You cannot go much bigger with implants and doing so will increase the chances for tissue thinning, etc.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Minimize implant size with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

Unfortunately, you have not told us your cup size.  However, if you are size 36 or 38 each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  Going from 510 cc to 750 cc implants would correspond to about 1 cup size increase, which should be visible.  However, the best implants are silicone gel placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural.  750 cc implants may not fit retro-pectorally, weighs approximately 1 1/2 lbs each and will descend.  The descent will be more rapid because of it's weight and subcutaneous position.  You are setting yourself up for complications and repeat surgery.  You would benefit from a lift more than a larger implant.  There is a new procedure called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Through a circumareola incision your breast tissue is lifted higher on the chest wall, more medial to increase cleavage and reshaped to increase upper pole fullness.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant high on the chest wall over the orominence maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Generally speaking, the size/profile breast implant change that you are discussing should provide for a “significant difference in size”. As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advice online not knowing exactly what your goals are. For example, a “significant difference in size” may mean different things to different people.

In my practice, I would encourage you to communicate your goals carefully/clearly with the help of goal pictures. I would like to see pictures of breast size/shape that you wish to achieve as well as breasts that are too small or too large.

Generally speaking, I will then select (intraoperatively) the breast implant size/profile that will best achieve the patient's goals.

Again, I cannot overemphasize the importance of preoperative communication with your plastic surgeon, as opposed to selection of a specific breast implant size/profile.

Significance of Breast Implant Exchange from 500cc to 750ccs

+1

A 50% increase in breast implant volume will be visible but it may not be as significant as you think based on your height. That, of course, depends on what you envision as significant and what your new size objectives are.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Changing Size with #BreastImplants

+1

A 240 cc change in implants will be a significant increase in almost all patients. If you are 6 feet tall, this will have less of an effect, but a 750cc implant is still very large. There are consequences to a large implant and this should be discussed in detail with your surgeon.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Re-augment

+1

I think that the combination of the increase in size plus the high profile will make a significant difference.  When you get up to implants this large, however, it is a recipe for subsequent issues.  Unfortunately, you haven't posted a photo or explained the basis for the change in size so it is difficult to comment with more specificity.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Switching from 510 Cc Mod Profile to 750 Cc High Profile

+1

Expect a modest, perhaps not dramatic increase in size. 240 cc low volumes would be more noticeable a change. Given the profile change, most of the difference will be in more projection. The implants should feel more natural than did the saline ones. If your own breast tissue is thin, the increased implant size may not be in your long term best interest.

All the best. 

Implant replacement to larger implants

+1

There is a significant voluem difference between the two implants. The larger implants come with more projection and potentially more problems. An exam in person would help.

Size change questions

+1

HI Tricia,

Thanks for the post. Without pics, I can only give you general comments. 
Are your implant above or under the muscle? What incision do you have? How long have you had the saline implants? Do they still move and is the scar tissue capsule soft or tight? 

This size difference would be noticeable for sure. However, it is important to gauge that difference. If these are Allergan implants the dimensions would be: 

The mod saline 510 has a diameter of about 14.4 cm and a projection of 4.6 cm.

the 750  HP silicone has a diameter of 15. cm and projection of 6 cm.

so the base will get slightly wider and you will have about 1.4 cm of added projection. Given how tall you are, this will look big, but generally not out of control big. 

You can do a test run using the rice test: place a ziplok baggie in your bra filled with dry rice or beans. Measure out 200 cc worth: about 6 ounces each side. 

this will give you an idea of how much larger it will appear after surgery. 

Hope that is helpful. 

Bennett Yang, MD 

washington DC

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon