Is It Possible to Switch Brands of Implants While Using the Warranty on the Deflated Pair?

If a patient has a deflation and has one type of implant (which she has a warranty on) and wants to switch to the other brand because of diameter...How does that work? Would she be able to use the warranty for the fees, etc. and just buy a new pair of implants from the other company?

Implant Warranty Issues

+2

If you want to switch to the other implant manufacturer after a deflation, it should not be a problem.  If you are within the first ten years, then you have some sort of stipend that can be used to pay for surgical costs.  With regards to the implants, I just have the company credit our account for the cost of a pair of implants.  We tell them that we used our own stock of implants, and they generally just credit the acount without a problem.  That way you get the implants for free, and they do not charge the surgeon either.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

+1

No because, part  of the warranty is providing you with a complimentary set of new implants once they have obtained your old implants and verified their status.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Deflatin and implants

+1

Depending upon the type of warranty that you have, I believe that you can only use it for the implant company that provided the first pair.

Breast Implant Lifetime Warranty= Free Lifetime Implants from THAT Breast Implant Producer

+1

"If a patient has a deflation and has one type of implant (which she has a warranty on) and wants to switch to the other brand because of diameter...How does that work? Would she be able to use the warranty for the fees, etc. and just buy a new pair of implants from the other company?" - I think you have it all wrong.

Have you ever seen a Toyota warranty exchangeable for a BMW or Mercedes? This makes NO sense. To get your loyalty, What the Breast Implant company is saying is : "Pay for one set of breast implants from us and get free implants FROM US for life when our implants finally leak".