Is Q Switch Nd Yag Laser Safe in Treatment of Benign Small Aquired Flat Nevi?

i am 26 male.my nevi on face are small flat aquired with no characters of atypia.no personal or family history of melanoma. my mother has one congenital nevus 6 cm that is completly stable. also i have multiple nevi allover my body.

i took 2 laser sessions and nevi were lightened.is this treatment safe?should i continue or stop treatment?should i exice the moles to eliminate any doubt? i am very anxious.many thanks

The Safety of Using Lasers to Treat Moles

+1

I feel that it is never appropriate to use a laser as your primary treatment for treating a mole. Regardless of how "benign" a mole may appear, a biopsy may still reveal it to be atypical. Using a laser to "lighten" the appearance of a mole will alter its appearance and make it more difficult to observe for precancerous changes in the future. The majority of a mole can be removed very easily, and less expensively, using a shave biopsy technique. This typically results in a minimal scar, making the mole much less visible. It also has the added benefit of having tissue to send for microscopic examination, at least for reassurance purposes.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon