Is Q Switch Nd Yag Laser Safe in Treatment of Benign Small Aquired Flat Nevi?

i am 26 male.my nevi on face are small flat aquired with no characters of atypia.no personal or family history of melanoma. my mother has one congenital nevus 6 cm that is completly stable. also i have multiple nevi allover my body.

i took 2 laser sessions and nevi were lightened.is this treatment safe?should i continue or stop treatment?should i exice the moles to eliminate any doubt? i am very anxious.many thanks

The Safety of Using Lasers to Treat Moles

+1

I feel that it is never appropriate to use a laser as your primary treatment for treating a mole. Regardless of how "benign" a mole may appear, a biopsy may still reveal it to be atypical. Using a laser to "lighten" the appearance of a mole will alter its appearance and make it more difficult to observe for precancerous changes in the future. The majority of a mole can be removed very easily, and less expensively, using a shave biopsy technique. This typically results in a minimal scar, making the mole much less visible. It also has the added benefit of having tissue to send for microscopic examination, at least for reassurance purposes.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/general-dermatology/skin-cancer/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon