Is It Okay to Switch to Less Compressive Spanx, 4 Weeks After Liposuction?

I had about 1200cc removed 4 weeks and 2 days ago via traditional liposuction of whole abdomen, and flanks. I wasn't put under general anesthesia. I love my doctor, but I'm thinking maybe he's being very conservative. They put the fluid in to numb me up, and help assist the removal of the fat. I wore the surgical garment for about 1 1/2 weeks, then it became lose. I switched to supportive spanks (the kind with wires), but now I'm worried its making me swell unevenly. Can I swap to normal Spanx?

Spanx - a good secondary garmnent following liposuction

+1

Spanx is a good garment if properly fitted. I recommend this product to my patients to use after three weeks following liposuction.. Always check with your surgeon that it is properly worn and takes care of your post operative needs.

+1

I have my patients wear the industrial "bullet-proof" garments for only about the first week and then switch to Spanks for the remaining 3 weeks. We usually only have our patients wear something for 4 weeks but then again, we live here in Phoenix where the average daytime temperature is about 175 degrees!!!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon