Can I Switch to a Different Compression Garment?

I am 2 days post-op from a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. I am a very petite person and the one-size-fits-all compression garment doesn't seem to be fitting right. It comes all the way up under my breasts and has zippers on both sides of my ribcage that are poking my new implants. It is all bunched up because my torso is short, making me wonder how much compression it's really giving me. My question is can I move to a different type of compression garment, similar to the Belly Bandit?

Switching Compression Garments after Tummy Tuck

+2

It sounds as though your compression garment is too long.  I would call the plastic surgeon's office to determine if something else could be recommended.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+2

This question should be addressed to your surgeon, but it seems that you are correct in looking for an alternative. An abdominal binder that is not too wide will probably offer compression without the problems you are experiencing. 

Check with your surgeon. All the best. 

One Size Fits All Compression Garment

+1

Unfortunately, as you know, nothing in this world is truly one size fits all.  From your description, this garment is not doing it's job.  I would switch garments but I would let my surgeon know before doing so.

Sacha Obaid, MD