I Have a REALLY Short Upturned 'Pig' Like Nose, Can Surgery Give Me a Normal Nose?

Hi all. Just wondering if it is possible to have surgery on a really upturned 'pig' like nose to give it a more normal look. It is driving me nuts having this nose, from the front it is all nostril and you can see right up my nose! Is there any type of sugery that will make it look more normal? Thanks in advance.

Rhinoplasty for an upturned nose

+1

An  upturned nose  can be brought down through a variety of techniques such as cartilage grafting  on top of the bridge line ,  suturing techniques of  the tip, hand sewing caudal septum membrane downwards.

Upturned Nose

+1

An upturned "pig" like nose can usually be brought down to make your nostrils less visible.  It will require use of cartilage grafting to help elongate the nose.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Upturned nose

+1

Upturned "Miss Piggy" noses can be turned down by a surgeon familiar with open rhinoplasty techniques.  Cartilage from deep inside your nose is used to extend your nose so that the tip cartilages can be pulled down into a more normal position.  This is a good technique that produces some very nice results.

Douglas J. Kibblewhite, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon