Swim Goggles After Restalyne?

How long after Restalyne injections, in the area around the eyes, should one wait before wearing swim goggles?

Eyewear after Restylane treatments

+1

Good question.  We recommend one week for tear trough treatments inasmuch as this area is known for delayed swelling with manipulation or pressure too soon after treatment.  Always err on the side of caution to maintain the best outcomes.

Using Goggles After Restylane Injections...

+1

I would recommend you waiting atleast 1 week after injections to return to using your  goggles for swimming.  The product is still moldable for a few days after your treatment and there will be swelling in the tissues that can cause excess discomfort.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD

How long to wait

+1

I would suggest 2-3 days. However, you may still be swollen and your goggles may be a bit tight. You could also experience minor pain from the goggles.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can you wear swun goggles after getting Restylane around the eyes?

+1

It's probably not a good idea to wear swim goggles immediately after receiving Restylane around the eyes.  I would suggest you wait at least three days at a minimum to allow the area to settle down before doing so.  However, this might be adjusted depending upon the degree of swelling or bruising you would develop after the injections.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Fillers around eyes and swim goggles

+1

It is probably to wait a few days maybe even a week after fillers to the tear troughs before you start using your swilmm goggles again

I would recommend waiting at least two weeks.

+1

No matter what, when you remove the goggles you will have an impression of the goggle in the area where the filler was placed.  This will calm down in an hour or so.  If your do this on the day or the day after treatment, it is actually possible for tight fitting goggles to move the material around-not a good thing.  It is important to have goggle that fit water tight without being too binding.  Good luck with this.