How Soon Can I Swim After a Photofacial?

Swimming after photofacial

I assume you are asking about intense pulse light (IPL) photofacial. If that is the case, you can swim within an hour after the procedure. Ensure that you skin is not red or irritated, otherwise wait until that has subsided before swimming. Also to minimize risks of discolorations, apply SPF 30+ waterproof sunscreen to protect you skin, and try to swim early in the morning or late in the afternoon (when the sun damage is minimal). Good luck.

Hollywood Dermatologist

4020 Sheridan St
Hollywood, FL 33021

It is fine to swim after a photofacial as long as your skin is not too red and irritated.  It is always very important to wear a good sunscreen to minimize the risks of discoloration after a photofacial treatment.

Sam Naficy, MD

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

12 hours should be fine provided the treatment was not excessive. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

360 Rose Ave
Danville, CA 94526

OK to swim after photofacial

I see no problem with swimming after this treatment.  Be sure to wear sunscreen.

Good Luck.

Robert F. Gray, MD, FACS
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

531 Main Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566