I'm wondering if the swelling is normal around my face 3 days post op.

Friday 27th June 2014 just had upper / lower eye bag removal surgery .....

Swelling after eyelid surgery

at post op day three, it is absolutely normal to have swelling. Follow your surgeon's recommendation for post op care. 

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 Washington Circle NW
Washington, DC 20037

Swelling after upper and lower eyelid surgery

It is perfectly normal and expected to have swelling present 3 days after upper and lower eyelid surgery.  The swelling and bruising should begin to slowly improve at this point but it can take weeks to months for the entire healing process to be completed.  You should look significantly better in another week though.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

500 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94102

Maximum swelling bilateral

You are in the maximum normal swelling range for U & L ELs but normal and equal bilateral.   All swelling and bruising dissipates with time.   You will get better each day.  Be sure and avoid salt and do keep your head elevated.  Cool  dressings on your eyes will also help.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

1515 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306