I'm wondering if the swelling is normal around my face 3 days post op.

Friday 27th June 2014 just had upper / lower eye bag removal surgery .....

Swelling after eyelid surgery

+1
at post op day three, it is absolutely normal to have swelling. Follow your surgeon's recommendation for post op care. 

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after upper and lower eyelid surgery

+1
It is perfectly normal and expected to have swelling present 3 days after upper and lower eyelid surgery.  The swelling and bruising should begin to slowly improve at this point but it can take weeks to months for the entire healing process to be completed.  You should look significantly better in another week though.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Maximum swelling bilateral

+1
You are in the maximum normal swelling range for U & L ELs but normal and equal bilateral.   All swelling and bruising dissipates with time.   You will get better each day.  Be sure and avoid salt and do keep your head elevated.  Cool  dressings on your eyes will also help.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon