I had the sides of my nose shaved down after rhinoplasty. Is This Swelling?

I had the sides of my nose shaved down after rhinoplasty, however one side has a bump while the other doesnt. (upper part of the bridge, also im close to 3 weeks post op) its firm but if i apply a little pressure (nothing harmful) it goes down. but after i sleep its back? it does feel a little squishy. its definitely not bone. is it swelling or cartilage or could it be scar tissue? i talked to my surgeon who didnt comment on it negatively when he felt it but im concerned.

3 Weeks after Rhinoplasty and Swelling

+1

What you are describing sounds like swelling, particularly this early in the recovery period.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Swelling

+1

Sounds like the bump you are seeing is probably swelling since it goes away when you push on it.

Swelling three weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

If you can press down and smooth out the area on the bridge it sounds like swelling to us. You can massage the area if its not too tender, though do expect the swelling to return by morning until the healing progresses.

Post op Swelling

+1

Most likely it is swelling as you can compress it down. If there is no firmness under the swelling then it is unlikely residual cartilage or bone fragments.

David Ellis MD FRCSC Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon at Art of Facial Surgery

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon