Swelling 1 Year After Surgery?

1 year ago I had a septoplasty, tiplasty, and rasping done. Septoplasty because deviated septum but could not to all because deviated too high up. Tiplasty because of twisted cartilage tip. Rasping because I had bump on left side of nasal bone. My tip still feels slightly numb normal? Were he rasped is lumpy, once in a while itchy and seems to still be squishy almost like swelling normal? Thanks

Numbness can occur, itchiness should get better with time

+1

Numbness can occur at the tip of the nose if there is extensive work done at the tip, especially if the tip is full or "meaty". When the the tip is like this, some of the tissue immediately under the skin needs to be removed, in doing the nerves to the tip maybe slightly affected and cause some numbness. In majority of cases the numbness continues to get better, even after a year.  The itchiness at hump area is also because of skin irritation, which gradually gets better.  There may also be scar under the surface which feels much softer and squeezable then bone.

Swelling after septorhinoplasty

+1
Swelling does last in the nose for an entire year or more and usually dissipates from top to tip leaving the tip the final area to completely heal. If the area where rasping of the dorsum occurred is lumpy and squishy as you state I would see if your surgeon put in some type of cartilage graft? If the lumpy area as you describe is hard bone you are feeling and is uneven then you made need a revision on the dorsum or sometimes this can be helped with a small amount of filler. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Swelling a year after Rhinoplasty and septoplasty.

+1

The nose may till have some residual swelling a year after your Rhinoplasty but Septoplasty is internal manipulation of septal cartilage and bone and as such, does not contribute to the external appearance of the nose or swelling.