Why Am I Swelling Again or Weight Gain 2 Months After Liposuction?

I had liposuction on my upper & lower abdomen flanks and back 2.5 months ago. Everything was going well. However once I hit the 2 month mark everything seemed to go backwards. I started getting bigger in the stomach area and saw no results in my back. I don't even see my shape anymore! I look much like I did before the surgery which is depressing me. My doctor said it could be swelling from activity or weight gain. I haven't started exercising and still wear my garment. What's going on? Help!

Weight gain or swelling after liposuction

+1

It is a bit unusual to see increasing girth 2-3 months after liposuction. It is most likely swelling but it is best to speak with your surgeon about this and preferably see him in person.

+1

I would say that this is extremely unusual.  The causes would be increase in weight, increase in activity, late fluid collection(s), increase in body fluid volumes due to endocrine or organ dysfunction.  This could be something as simple as increased activity or dietary changes with increasing consumption of sodium or the like.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php