Swelling 4 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

I had closed rhinoplasty 4 weeks ago to remove a small hump on bridge of nose,also the surgeon narrowed my nasal bones, and done some tip work my nose had to be broken,i am still very swollen on bridge of nose is this normal 4 weeks post op and how long will it take to settle down. thank you.

There's more swelling after reduction rhinoplasty; it will resolve.

+2

First of all, don't worry too much because you are still quite early in the healing process.  Whenever the infrastructure of the nose is made smaller, which it sounds like it was for you, the skin must then undergo contraction so it can "shrink to fit" the nose.  This will take months to a couple years depending on your skin type.  In the interim, the skin envelope will swell significantly.  Think of a pregnant woman after she delivers.  The lax, excess abdominal skin will still be loose and swollen until it can contract again to reveal the pre-pregnancy shape.  Give it time.  At the one year point you will better be able to assess the outcome of the surgery.

Web reference: http://dwkimmd.com/

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

+1

Swelling on the nasal bridge can last up to 6-12 months. However, if swelling is still very obvious 3 months post-surgery, the nose has to be re-evaluated. Sometimes, a careful cortisone injection to the area can help. If it doesn't, the nasal bone may have to be re-fractured to obtain a smoother contour.