Swelling 5 weeks post brachioplasty I realize some is normal

Significant swelling at elbows feel like I have water balloons on each elbow. Wondered if lymphatic massage or compression or both would help. I am not currently wearing any compression. PS just says it will improve. I would like to be as progressive as possible as it is uncomfortable and unsightly.

Recovery Matters

+1
Swelling is common after any surgery and typically takes 6 weeks for early swelling and up to 3 months for more extensive procedures.  Everyone heals differently and there are things you can do to reduce swelling: compression garments, reduce salt and water intake, take higher protein diet and Iron if you are anemic.  Patients after bariatric (weight loss surgery) have chronic anemia and low protein levels which need to be addressed to reduce swelling.