Swelling One Week Post-Op Rhinoplasty, How Much Is Normal? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty Monday 29 to remove my hump, define my bulbous tip, and narrow my nose. PROFILES - 1) before photo and projected photo taken/altered at my drs, 2) a close up of before, 3/4 - FRONTAL) photos taken yesterday (one week after ). I'm concerned about the remaining hump, still bulbous tip, and still wide front view (I do not have a before photo of the front, sorry). How much of this is due to swelling. I know some is, but how much (especially the hump)? %-Wise? Thank you!

Swelling 1 week post rhinoplasty

+1

Do not be concerned at only 1 week post op; there is still a great deal of swelling at this point, and you need to be patient! Things will begin to improve very gradually, but 6 to 12 months need to be allowed in most cases.

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling One Week Post-Op Rhinoplasty, How Much Is Normal?

+1

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

ONLY 1 WEEK!!!!! Call your surgeon to be informed about post operative swelling. This should have been discussed in your pre operative evaluation. But here goes-- Rhinoplasty edema/swelling can take up to ONE year to resolve. At 1 week post op impossible to determine what is swelling vs residual tissue. If after at least 3 months post op you can tell better. 

Too early to judge rhinoplasty result

+1

Swelling is not abnormal after a rhinoplasty.  Your degree of asymmetry does not appear to be unusual.  You will need to give it several more months before you can judge the final result.  

Post op swelling

+1

It is normal to be swollen at this early date.  You can not made any judgements yet.  Follow up closely with your surgeon to make sure you are progressing normally.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

How much swelling one week after rhinoplasty

+1

You can have enough swelling and stiffness, especially in the tip to make result very difficult to judge. The bit of hump is indeed a little troubling, though again, time will tell how this sorts out.

Swelling one Week post Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Samerz816,

I am sorry I can not be of more help in reassuring you at this time since I do not have the ability of a direct examination and all the preoperative photographs. All I can tell you is that one week post surgery is very early in your post operative phase and give yourself some time to heal. I really think that during this time of concern and doubt that you should see your surgeon frequently as he or she will know best where you are in the recovery phase and may hopefully set your mind at ease. Wishing you a quick and speedy recovery. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD