Swelling or Uneven Juvederm Injection?

I had juvederm injected to my top lip only early Wednesday morning. It is now Sunday and my lips are completely uneven. My left side is still swollen and I can feel a large bump taking over almost the entire side of the lip. I also have the white spots/dots on this side. The right side is still slightly bumpy, I can feel it with my tongue but seems to have gone down for the most part by the second day. Is it normal to still be swollen on one side for four days? My doctor is out of office.

Ice lips after Juvederm

+1

Give yourself a few more days and if the bumps and swelling doesn't resolve, go back and see the MD that did the Juvederm injection for evaluation and further instruction.  When we use fillers on lips, we instruct patients to ice their lips as much as possible for the first few days.  In rare cases when lumps occur, these can be gently massaged.

Swelling after Juvederm

+1

Swelling is common after Juvederm injections.  I recommend waiting 7-14 days before making any final judgements.  If you are still unequal then, your surgeon can even it out with additional injections.

Sanjiv Kayastha, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After Juvederm

+1

Swelling after Juvederm injections is common. I always recommend patients wait for up to 14 days to see the final result. Lumps and uneven appearance can be startling for patients but will soften and even throughout the first couple of weeks following your injection.

Lucy Barr, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Juvederm

+1

Swelling after Juvederm is very common and may result in the appearance of uneven results . I would recommend waiting a full 7-10 days after the procedure before evaluating the result.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling After Juvederm

+1

It is possible that you might have a small hematoma on one side leading to the asymmetry.  Secondly, a small minority of patients can develop a fever blister after receiving fillers around the mouth.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon