Swelling \ Uneven Area Under Eyes? Should I Remove It?

I had fillers for the eye hollowness since 11 days & still I'm not satisfied about the result , I can feel the area is uneven yet & that makes 2 lines at the middle of my cheeks , however I checked with my DR who said that may be over swelling reaction & she advised me to take antihistamine for a week .it's since 4 days I'm taking the same but no real Improvement , when can I assume that's excess amount of filler !?? should I wait for couple of weeks before taking the decision to remove it !?

+1

If there was no significant bruising and there has been a period of two weeks after injection, the Restylane can be dissolved or more filler can be placed depending upon what the situation merits.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Filler under the eyes.

+1

Wait 2 weeks until all of the swelling has resolved.  If you are still unhappy with your result, please return to your doctor for assessment.  If the filler was a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane or Juvederm, it can be dissolved if necessary.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Sweeling after filler injection

+1

Always wait two weeks prior to dissolving any filler because the normal post-procedure distortion/swelling may take that long to resolve. If you have swelling at two weeks, I would consider dissolving the material.

On the other hand, if you feel that the under eye hollowness is still there without much improvement or swelling, further correction of tear troughs can be achieved by building up cheek volume to soften the transition from the eyelid skin to the upper cheek skin. This may help with the lines in your cheeks as well.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane under the eyes

+1

Dear Zazifon,

1. I also wait at least 2 weeks before evaluating the effects from Restylane
  2. The eyelid skin is very thin and just a little swelling is visible and can distort the final product
  3. You should see your injector at the 2 week mark and see what can be done

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Swelling and uneven after filler under eyes

+1

I would wait the full 2 weeks after injection and then assess. I assume it was Restylane that was injected? So a small amount of hyaluronidase can remove the overfilled area. But it's really best to wait until all swelling has gone down, otherwise, you can overcorrect in the wrong way and have too much removed.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Restylane and swelling

+1

Swelling and/or bruising are often indicated post-Restylane or any dermal filler treatment. Waiting sometimes up to two weeks for this to reside is a great idea. Allowing for the majority of swelling to come down will give you a better indication of whether or not you need more, less, or massage.

Sam Naficy, MD