Swelling on Tip 2 Weeks Post Septorhinoplasty?

Having had septorhinoplasty two weeks ago tomorrow I can see already that I am delighted with my 'developing' new nose. I do understand that it will be around twelve months for it settles completely, but could someone give me a rough idea as to how long it will be before I reach the famous 80% that is mentioned a great deal! Thank you.

Swelling after septorhinoplasty

+2

Everyone is a bit different regarding the resolution of swelling after a rhinoplasty. It depends on the type of surgery you have had, how much work was necessary, your skin type, and the rate that you heal.

On average, most patients get to the 80% mark by about two to four months. The tip region is the area that takes the longest to go down and it really takes a full year (or sometimes even a bit more) to get to 100%.

Good luck!

-Dr. Asaria

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling on tip 2 weeks after septorhinoplasty?

+2

The degree of swelling can vary depending on the following: Whether the procedure was a revision, whether the procedure was open or closed, whether tip work was performed, and the thickness of the patients' skin. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The tip is usually the last to come around. It can take up to 18-24 months for the final result to be evident. Your surgeon should be able to answer any post-operative questions you have in the meantime. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+2

This will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, operative time, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed etc.  In my patients, about 80% of the swelling is gone at about a month or so.