Swelling After Combined Tumescent Liposuction and Slim Lipo?

I am two days post-op from combined Tumescent liposuction and Slim Lipo on abdomen and outer thighs. I can tell a difference on the abdomen, but my thighs look the same if not bigger. Could this be swelling?

Too early to tell after Lipo procedures

+2

The first thing to remember about the postoperative course in liposuction is to keep constant compression on. Don't undo and redo bandages as they are placed carefully to achieve compression in a certain way.

I advise my patients to keep compression garment and topifoam pads on 5 days straight, then I personally change them.

You would be amazed how much shaping can be achieved by correct bandaging and splinting techniques.

Swelling after liposuction

+2

Swelling after liposuction is very common.  You have to be patient for this to resolve.  It usually takes 4-6 weeks to see some results but may take 2-3 months for results to be about 95%  of what you should expect. 

Too early to tell results of Tumescent and Slim Lipo

+2

Swelling after liposuction can last from a couple of weeks to even 3 months. It's not uncommon for patients to actually gain weight from that swelling. That is why we typically do not tell patients to start looking for results soon after the surgery. You need to give it time and then will have a better idea of the result in several weeks. Good luck!

Most likely is swelling after Liposuction

+2

All areas of Liposuction at this stage are swelling. It takes several weeks to get better. one of the best things to do at this stage is to use pressure garments.

Still very early and swelling is prominent for liposuction

+2

Yes, in all likelihood this is swelling at this point in time. Do not expect some of this swelling to resolve for 7-10 days at minimum.

It is very likely that it may take up to 3 months to have a good appreciation for the long term results.

You are swollen after Tumescent SlimLipo, wait 6 weeks to evaluate response

+2

You are very typically swollen after liposuction for the first 6 weeks; it is way too early to be concerned.

The standard Slimlipo treatment involves removing, as well as treating, the fat with the SlimLipo laser.

Expect to have swelling for several weeks

+2

After any type of liposuction procedure, you should expect to see swelling for several weeks following surgery. The legs usually have more swelling because of gravity. You may also want to inquire if fat was actually removed from your thighs or just Slim Lipo performed. In any of the laser liposuction procedures, there are two components - the laser treatment and then traditional liposuction. Good luck with your recovery.

+1

I think at this point it is normal to be swollen there and it should get better in time.