How Much is There After Lipo?

I am not overweight and had lipo on my chunkier areas like my arms, bra roll, flanks, stomach, inner and outer thighs five days ago. Already my back looks great! However, everywhere else is swollen, so it is very difficult to see results. It does seem I am swollen to about the size before the procedure with a few noticeable differences in shape. How much swelling is there? Any way to predict how much smaller I will be in about 6 weeks?

Swelling post lipo

+1

This is not uncommon.I tell my patients they will be about 76-80% of where they will be at about 6 weeks.so you have a way to go.Be patient.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Post-lipo swelling

+1
The swelling is already evident to you. In terms of the time it will take to resolve, this is individual and can't be estimated based on your post. Your plastic surgeon, who saw you in the OR prior to the onset of swelling, would have a reasonable idea of how you looked and your estimated size once the swelling has resolved. You should be wearing a compression garment at this point to reduce swelling.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Swelling and Recovery After Liposuction

+1

Swelling is a normal bodily response to surgery. It will take about 6-10 weeks for the swelling to completely subside. Unfortunately, there is no way to predict the final result. The best way to assist recovery would be through compression and massages. Your doctor has most likely recommended the use of a compression garment such as Spanx. It is important that you wear this garment consistently to help reduce swelling and to shape the body during recovery.

Jaime Perez, MD
Liposuction Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD