Could Swelling of the Nose Change the Shape?

I recently got a nose job and i feel like my nose is more swollen on one side of my nose and one of my nostrils look bigger as well ( the same side that is swollen more). could it possibly be the swelling ? it has only been a month. And i had my cousin tell me when she got a nose job her nostrils were two different sizes and her nose wasn't straight, but now her nose is fine, its been two years.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling is normal after rhinoplasty. Depending on what exactly was done will result in more or less swelling. You should check in with your surgeon about the specifics of your swelling and surgery.

Early Swelling

+1

It is much too early to make judgements about how your nose will look in a year.  There is not hard and fast rule about swelling, but it is often not symmetrical.  Just point it out to your doctor and he/she will tell you what is appropriate to do or not to do.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling can take 12 months or more to resolve. Allow for this to past before making a judgement on your result.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

This could very well be due to more swelling on one side. One month after rhinoplasty is really a short period of time, and quite a few things will change as the time goes by.  Just be patent for now.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Swelling

+1

One month and counting!  After twelve months please give us a jingle and let us know how you like your new nose.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-op swelling

+1

First asymmetry is common in all body parts so that one nostril may be in fact larger than the other. As for swelling, this can be different as well.  Give it time.

Does the nose change shape after rhinoplasty?

+1

In the post-op period after rhinoplasty, the nose will change shape every single day.  One morning it will look like it is to the left, the next morning to the right and the morning after that straight.  This is all normal and is one of the things that requires patience.  Opinions vary, but this will last from 6-12 months before it finally settles and stops changing shape.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon