Can swelling of the clitoral hood skin after labiaplasty result in permanent enlargement??! (photo)

It has been five weeks since I got my surgery and I am so afraid that the very swollen clitoral hood skin won't go back. my labia minora lips have subsided a lot but my clitoral hood skin used to be 50 % smaller than what it is. Because of the severe swelling I had to start with, my surgeon told me it will only go back 80%. Have you experienced permanent change after swelling with your patients?? Or should I expect that it will go down within the next month? Thank you for your time!

Labiaplasty swelling after surgery

+1
Clitoral hood swelling is normal after labiaplasty. Our office specializes in labiaplasty surgery and we offer a BruiseFighter supplement to reduce swelling in the area after surgery. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Persistent clitoral hood swelling

+1
The vulva does tend to swell rather intensely after surgery but resolves universally. It however can take as long as 6+ months so remain patient and follow your surgeons recommendations. Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Swellingn after hood reduction/labiaplasty

+1
When standard techniques are used, swelling, as impressive as it may be, will subside with time.  Unfortunately no one can predict how long that will take.  Be patient and hope for the best.  And realize that if things do not heal to your satisfaction, revisions can be done but also realize that your swelling is more than average and that the marked swelling can again develop.

Curtis Wong, MD

Clitoral hood swelling

+1
I would expect your clitoral hood swelling to go down considerably.  However, it can take up to six months. If it remains too large, it can be reduced.

Gary J. Alter, MD