Can Swelling Be Solid and and Heal Faster on One Side?

hi , i had a nose job when i was 18 to correct a big hump but wasnt happy with the results but was always fobbed off but nearly 5 years later they finaly agreed to re do it,i have had revishion work on my nose to correct an open roof that was left, its now 3 weeks since i had my splint off and it dosnt look much difrnt i now have one side flat in stead of bean curved. will this be just the swelling healing at difrnt times,can the swelling feel solid? i have very thin skin so its more prominent, x

Asymmetric swelling after rhinoplasty

+2

You right to say that post-operative swelling can occur and improve asymmetrically. It's too early to say if your open roof deformity will look better or not, but give it time and keep your postoperative follow-up visits to make sure everything is progressing well.

Rhinoplasty Result 3 Weeks Post-op

+2

It is difficult to evaluate your nose 3 weeks after surgery. As you suggest, the swelling may resolve asymmetrically. Hopefully the open roof has been corrected. Be patient, wait another 6 months, and share your concerns with your surgeon. We would like to help you, but that's impossible without examining you.