Sinus Area Swollen After Radiesse

I received Radiesse injections about a month ago. After the first week, the swelling was not too bad. I started to massage the areas gently as insructed. The next morning, my entire sinus area on my left side swelled horribly! I'm not sure if it could have migrated up after a week. I tried everything, but nothing brings the swelling down! My doctor told me it is not the product, but I don't know what else it could be. Please help, it has been a month now and I look like I got punched! Any advice would be appreciated!

Sinus swelling after Radiesse injection need to be followed up with imaging studies

+1

You should get a sinus CT scan to make sure Radiesse is not in the sinus cavity. If the Radiesse is not in the sinus, you are looking at exuberant inflammation which may require anti-inflammatory agents, or possible secondary infection which may require antibiotics. Sinus swelling is exceedingly rare in the hands of board-certified dermatologists or plastic surgeons. Choose your physician injector carefully.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Fillers_for_Wrinkles.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon