Swelling Septo/Rhino - When Will The Swelling Go Down?

Hi I have had a Septo/Rhino 3 weeks and 3 days ago and My nose still hurts and its still swollen. Is this normal to be more swollen one day over another? Also my smile is not filly back yet when will I look completely normal again? I will post a pic of # weeks post op so you can see how swollen the tip is and sometimes it looks more swollen on one side.

Resolution of swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

It is normal to have swelling three weeks after a rhinoplasty.  Most of the swelling should resolve in the first 3 to 4 months but I advise my rhinoplasty patients that it may take 12 to 18 months to acheive final result.  Swelling may resolve asymmetrically as well so do not be alarmed if this happens.  I would expect your soreness to be mostly gone by now, some mild discomfort is normal.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Septorhinoplasty

+1

Everything you describe is normal 3 weeks after septorhinoplasty. The majority of the swelling, which may be asymmetrical, will resolve over 2 months; the remainder will take at least a year.

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

Have patience through this process as it takes a few months for the majority of the swelling to dissipate and sometimes a full year for all of the swelling, especially in the tip. It is not unusual to have sensitivity for several months and this will get better day by day. Concerning your smile this is also not unusual and again time will show improvements on a daily basis. Each patients skin type differs and the amount of swelling varies immensely patient to patient. In reviewing your photograph it does appear that the tip is still quite swollen, with time this should subside. Certainly discuss your concerns with your surgeon and hopefully he can give you some peace of mind.

Michael Elam, MD

Early post-rhinoplasty swelling

+1

This early after your surgery..it is normal for you to experience what your feeling.  It will take months for the nose to settle down.  Some noses can take years to fully settle into their final state.  Hang in there and be patient.  Time is on your side.  All the best, Dr. Vartanian.

A. John Vartanian, MD
Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recovery -Swelling

+1

Ater a primary rhinoplasty, the majority of the swelling resolves in the first 6-8 weeks.  The last 10% of swelling can take up to 1 full year to resolve.  Patience is important and speak to your surgeon about and concerns you may have.

Jacob D. Steiger, MD
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Yes, at this point it everything you are feeling and seeing is normal. Give yourself another 3 to 6 months and many of your issues will be resolved.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Septo/rhino 3 weeks ago

+1

It is very common  to have swelling in the nose three weeks after surgery. You need to give it a year and sometimes more for all the swelling to dissipate.