Swelling Rhinoplasty 1 Year Post Op? (photo)

I did a total rhinoplasty 11 months and three weeks ago. I had thick nasal tip, the surgery who did the rhinoplasty is a famous surgery. He spent most time, to fix my nasal tip, because it was round and big. Now when eleven months has passed, my bridge is good. But the nosestrils are uneven, one of them are more thick and bigger. And my tip is big and round. It looks like a clown. My doctor spent much time for the nasal tip. Can this be swollen, or a result of the rhinoplasty?

Tip Of Nose Swelling Treatment 1 Year After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Martin,

Usually patients with a thick skin take more than a year to fully recover and their swelling to completely resolve.

I recommend that you be a little more patient and see if your results get any more better. If not, then a revision could be considered.

Please note that revisions are more delicate than primary Rhinoplasties and should be performed by surgeons of ample experience.

Thank you for sharing your photos and for your questions.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Tip Swelling 1 Year after Rhinoplasty

+1

Usually we recommend that patients wait a year to allow for swelling to resolve, but I've seen patients with thick skin like you continue to improve for 18-20 months. I would be patient and then consult with your surgeon to determine if a revision would be beneficial.

Bulbous tip and thick nasal skin

+1

This is a difficult nose to deal with but it can be corrected. I thin the skin aggressively in order to redrape over your nasal tip cartilages and many surgeons are unwilling to do so because of scar formation which can be kept at bay with repeated steroid injection. See before and after pictures.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after 1 year

+1

Hi Martinz:

After 1 year  all the postop swelling has disappeared (90%).

Bulbous tip is very difficult to treat, and in some cases a revisionary 2nd surgery is indicated. I'm agree with you that the overall aspect of your rinoplasty is nice; but as occurs with almost all the things in this life, it can be "refined".

I think you must discuss with your plastic surgeon your concerns about your tip appearance. Be sure he will have a very accurate idea about solving the problem.

Good luck.

Enrique Etxeberria, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Swelling Rhinoplasty 1 Year Post Op?

+1

Hi,

I dont think you have swelling 11 months after a rhinoplasty. From the profile view it looks like you have a very mild pollybeak deformity ( see link below). This would indicate that you have some scar tissue in the area of the tip. This can be revised.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS