Nose Just Swelling After Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty?
- Asked 4 years ago
Rhinoplasty Results Can Take Time
Many patients experience the same emotions as you when the cast comes off the first week. The good news is that it is normal to feel that way and also that as the swelling goes down, the appearance of your nose will improve.
The final results from a rhinoplasty take time to become apparent. The nose undergoes significant changes in the first 2 to 12 weeks following rhinoplasty. The swelling gradually dissipates over the first several months and thus the appearance of the nose changes gradually.
- When the cast is removed after one week, the nose will look swollen.
- Usually by the end of the second week, the swelling and bruising have subsided enough that the casual observer will not readily notice that the nose has been operated on.
- To the patient, the nose will look swollen or "puffy" for several months.
- By about 3-4 months, the majority of the swelling will be gone but will look larger in photographs.
- It can take as long as a year for the final shape to become apparent
- If you have any questions as to whether your nose is healing at the appropriate rate, schedule a follow-up appointment with your surgeon.
Web reference: http://rhinoplasty-usa.com/html/meet-dr-cochran.html
Of course it is swelling, it is only one week after nose surgery
Yes, absolutely. Try to sitback and see the forest.
It is way too early.
We generally do not even consider taking postop pictures until 6 months due to the swelling.
It takes 6-12 months for the swelling to go down. Be patient. The nose will look much better in 1-2 weeks. Relax and enjoy your new nose.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.