Will Swelling Reduction Shrink my Nose or Just Reshape It?

I had revision rhinoplasty ten days ago by a revision specialist. I'm in a bit of a panic because I have the upturned, pig snout many have written about. Mind you, I realize we can be highly self-critical. I really could not blame the doc, I would blame myself for undergoing a huge time consuming financial and physical expense just to have a slightly prettier tip. I'm now missing the old me. Will swelling reduction shrink my nose or just reshape it?

Ten days post rhinoplasty

+1

At ten days, it is too early for you to see the final results. You are probably maximally swollen and it is way too early to determine this.

Swelling reduction after revision rhinoplasty

+1

Ten days after revision rhinoplasty is too soon to judge. There are many changes coming in the next several months as the swelling decreases. The swelling after revision rhinoplasty  is slower to decrease, so patience is a met. Will you trip come down? Without photos it is hard to comment, but in general there is a a slight drop after swelling. However, do not expect an over-turned nose to substantially drop.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon