Swelling reappeared 8 days post-op (Breast aug). Should I be concerned?
400 mL silicone over the muscle mod plus profile. Surgery was 8 days ago. Sutures removed yesterday from inframammary fold. Today I am having increased swelling, tightness, and general full feeling of my breasts. Should I be concerned?
Doctor Answers 1
Swelling a week after surgery
- Call your plastic surgeon promptly.
- Swelling a week after surgery can be from doing too much or just taking a hot shower.
- But infections can develop around this time.
- They don't always cause fever, redness and pain right away.
- So - call your surgeon now. Best wishes.
Have a question?
Ask a doctor
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.