Swelling reappeared 8 days post-op (Breast aug). Should I be concerned?
Doctor Answers 1
Swelling a week after surgery
- Call your plastic surgeon promptly.
- Swelling a week after surgery can be from doing too much or just taking a hot shower.
- But infections can develop around this time.
- They don't always cause fever, redness and pain right away.
- So - call your surgeon now. Best wishes.
Have a question? Ask a doctor
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.