Is This a Swelling Problem? Uneven Tip!

I am a little more than 2 weeks post op rhinoplasty and my tip is leaning to one side! I noticed the cast was a little crooked when it was on. It is almost more bulbous looking from the front. You can really tell from under and above my nose!! Please help I know there is swelling involved, but is it normal to this extent?

Assymetric tip swelling 2 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

Your tip does appear assymetric in the photo.  However, this is absolutley meaningless 2 weeks after surgery due to swelling.  The best thing that you can do is follow your surgeon's instructions, and not look in a mirror or take photos of it at this point.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry 2 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

I promise you there is swelling 2 weeks after surgery. It is impossible to answer your question with certainty because the swelling is frequently asymmetical. I have never seen the body  heal completely two weeks after any surgery for anything. It will be 3-6 months before you can begin to evaluate your result.

Tip uneven after rhinoplasty

+1

You are way too early post-op from a rhinoplasty to really comment.  First, everyone has some asymmetry, but more importantly, swelling will persist for several months and you just have to wait and see.

Uneven tip

+1

Impossible to answer due to the short healing phase you are in. But thanks for the photo anyway. WAIT 3 months than complain if not happy. From MIAMI Dr. B

Rhinoplasty and the Tip

+1

At 2 weeks out it is impossible to comment on anything, only the surgeons knows how things looked in the operating room before everything was closed.  You need to be very patient, about 6 months worth, only then can you judge things.

The majority of the swelling has subsided by 8-12 weeks but your nose will change all the way up to 1 years time.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-nose-surgery-rhinoplasty-newport-beach.php

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling after rhinoplasty is quite common.  At 2 weeks you can expect about 20% of your swelling to have subsided.  Assymetric swelling can be seen and should settle.  Although it can be difficult at this stage as you are ready to get out and about, patience is essential.  Don't get too distraught this early.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon