Normal Swelling 10 Days Post Rhinoplasty Or Something Else? (photo)

These are my pictures of swelling post rhinoplasty (open). Rhib Cartilage was removed and placed on the nasal bone as well as the mid section. Collumella had to be supported using cartilage as well. There is much swelling after 10th day today post surgery. Splint was removed today and initially my face my also swollen. My nose looks ultra swollen and I just want to check if this is pollybeak deformity or normal swelling. My skin is very thick and my nose had collapsed completely post trauma

Normal Swelling 10 Days Post Rhinoplasty Or Something Else?

+2

Come on now, you musty have been exp;alined before the operation swelling takes months to subside NOT 10 days. In most cases it is 3 weeks before 60% of the edema decreases. And unto a full year for final swelling to be GONE. 

Normal swelling?

+2

Sounds like you needed a lot of work. I think the swelling is probably normal considering all you went through. Keep in contact with your surgeon if it gets worse.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your photo, you have a thick nasal skin and that places you in the category of patients requiring more than 12 months to achieve full results after surgery.

That being said, your rhinoplasty was complex according to your descriptions through your post.

I recommend that you have a little more patience and you have to let nature take its course. With time, swelling will subside and your nose will get better especially at the tip.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS