Swelling Post Panniculectomy? (photo)

I had a panniculectomy done by a general surgeon. They only removed about 2 inches of loose skin from previous pregnancies. I am bruised from my belly button to midway down my thighs. My belly is so swollen below the belly button it protrudes out as if I am pregnant. It is hard like a rock. He says its a hematoma and will eventually reabsorb into my body. It has now been two weeks and it is not getting any better whatsover. Is this normal? Will I ever have a flat stomach?

Tummy tuck and panniculectomy in Los Angeles

+1

Compression therapy and possible evacuation of the hematoma / seroma may be indicated with the degree of swelling that exists.  I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles