Swelling or Pollybeck, and Extremely Thin Nasal Bridge, or Just Pinched Because of Cast Removal? (photo)

I had revision rhinoplasty done, and just had my cast removed today after one week. He was suppose to fix my pollybeak, but it appears to be a much worse pollybeak now. Is this just swelling? Also, my nasal bridge looks way too thin, like the width of a pencil, is the from the cast pinching my nose? That's what the doctor told me. And the red area on my nose, is that my bone or just swelling? (front view picture) Thank you for all your help!

Pollybeak?

+1

The dorsum of your nose does look a bit thin in the photo, and it appears that you still have a pollybeak.  As for the supratip region, the skin looks a bit irritated probably from the splint. Follow closely with your surgeon.

Change in nasal appearance during healing period after rhinoplasty

+1

The appearance of your nose is probably not ideal, but it is early in your recovery and difficult to tell what the final result will look like.  Swelling in the supratip can take up to a year to resolve.  Your surgeon may choose to help reduce the fullness in your supratip with serial injections of 5-fluourouracil or kenalog.  Best of luck to you.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Abnormal Shape After Removing Cast Following Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Looking at the photos you provided, I am a little concerned about the shape of your nose. I would agree that the area of the bridge immediately above the tip appears too thin. It also looks like you have what appears to be a pollybeak. Hopefully I am wrong on both of these observations. I would discuss this with your chosen revision rhinoplasty surgeon and get more clarification.  

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon