Is This Swelling or a Permanent Hump Post Rhinoplasty?

I am 10 wks post septorhinoplasty and turbinate reduction. This is my 3rd rhinoplasty. My nose profile was straight but I wanted it curved slightly and at 45 deg angles it looked as though I had a hump on the bridge. When the cast came off the profile was fine but one side still had a hump which I was told would subside. Now 10 weeks on and i'm very depressed as a hump has now appeared on the bridge.Ive been massaging twice daily. When I press on it still sore, turns white and feels squishy.

Postoperative swelling or persistent bone on bridge

+1

The fullness on your bridge in your 10 week photo is certainly noticeable. Without examining your nose is difficult to say what the cause. It may be that your bone has developed some exuberant healing leading to the hump. Pure tissue swelling should be compressible whereas bone is hard.

Your surgeon should be able to examine you and determine what is going on.

Post Rhinoplasty Bump - Swelling or Bone?

+1

It seems that there is clearly a retained fullness on the bridge of your nose. At 10 weeks, it is likely to be bone - especially if it is firm to touch. If your photos are labelled correctly, it seems that the 10 week picture shows even more fullness than the 1 week. It is possible that there is some inflammatory process on the nasal bone making this even worse. See your surgeon and have this evaluated to ensure everything is healing properly.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Hump after rhinoplasty

+1

There is a substantial amount of swelling at 10 wks, so without touching your nose it is hard to tell from the pictures. If if it swelling pushing down on the hump area should temporarily remove the hump. If it is bone it will remain the same.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon