Swelling and Pain After Tummy Tuck 9 Months Ago

Had tummy tuck 9 months ago still swelling and pain on the right side below my belly, have a cyst.

Pain after tummy tuck

+2

You probably should not have any significant pain 9 months afte a tummy tuck. You should proably go see your doctor to be evaluated for your pain.

Issues 9 months after tummy tuck

+1

It's not entirely clear what's going on right now, 9 months after your tummy tuck, but it is clear that you should see your plastic surgeon.  You may need an additional procedure to address the "cyst" (or whatever it really is).

Swelling and pain 9 months after tummy tuck

+1

It seems that you are fairly confident that you have a cyst but it is difficult to know how you determined this? Was an ultrasound performed. This is very uncommon unless associated with a persistent seroma. This may require surgical treatment

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Chronic Pain after Tummy Tuck

+1

Regarding: "Swelling and Pain After Tummy Tuck 9 Months Ago  Had tummy tuck 9 months ago still swelling and pain on the right side below my belly, have a cyst"

I'm sorry for what you are going through but you are not giving us a lot of information to go by. Your outcome is very atypical. The overwhelming majority of people undergoing Tummy Tuck surgery are pain free and back to normal activities LONG before 9 months after surgery.

As regards the cyst, you must have had a diagnostic imaging test (ultrasound or CT scan) to demonstrate it probably in an attempt to explain your pain. It is probably related to a chronic fluid collection but should not cause major discomfort. In the rare cases of permanent pain after Tummy Tuck surgery, the commonest issue may be an entrapped nerve. This requires careful diagnosis and special treatment.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea