How Much Swelling Occurs After Vaser Lipo and Does Your Regular Clothing Still Fit?

Vaser Lipo

+1

The level of swelling is dependent on the number of areas done, how aggressive the procedure was, and your own response.  Regular clothing will be tight initially, but if you wear a compression garment faithfully, you will see more gains.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After Vaser Liposuction

+1

You will always get swelling after any significant procedure; however, the amount of swelling is very individual.  With Vaser liposuction, you will have tumescent fluid injected at the beginning of the procedure (a mixture of lidocaine with epinephrine to cause vasoconstriction so there's less bleeding).  This will cause a little extra fluid that will drain out the first 2 days post procedure, but you will also be wearing a compression garment for the first 2-3 weeks after surgery.  This will help to reduce/prevent swelling and give a better result, so be sure to keep your compression garment on.  You should fit in your normal clothes after surgery, but you'll definitely want to wear loose comfortable clothes initially.

Hendersonville Plastic Surgeon

Minimal swelling with VASER lipo

+1

Three isn't typically a lot of swelling with VASER liposuction, though there may be some dresings for the first day or two so loose clothing would be advised early on. However, for the full result to be apparent it can take several weeks, even though you should see improvement right away.

Vaser Liposuction Results

+1

There is always some swelling after any liposuction procedures. I do advise people to bring loose comfortable clothing to the O.R. It is possible that with extensive liposuction your normal clothing may not fit for a short time but soon after surgery your clothing should fit beautifully. Depending on the amount of liposuction and the area it was performed a shopping spree may be in order.

Web reference: http://michaellawmd.com

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

There will be a fair amount of swelling after liposuction surgery however your current clothing should still fit with no problem. You will also be wearing a compression garment which will help control the amount of swelling.  You should expect to have swelling for months. I typically tell my patients not to really view their bodies until the hit the four month post op mark.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon