What is the Name of the Swelling That Occures After the Removal of a Lipoma Under my Arm?

I had a Lipoma removed 9 days ago from under my arm.There is swelling where the surgery was.This was drained,what is the name of this accumilation of fluid?

Seroma

+3

You might be refering to SEROMA....................................................................................................

Seroma in the underarms

+1

Your very early after surgery.  Fluid accumulation in the area you have discussed his not uncommon.  Continue to follow closely with her plastic surgeon.  This will resolve given more time.  You should also know that there is always a chance of having a fluid collection such as a seroma that does not resolve and will need an intervention..  If you have this, your plastic surgeon will be able to diagnose and treat this very efficiently.

Raj S. Ambay, MD