How Much Swelling is Normal? (photo)

10 days post op tummy tuck, plication & lipo. I still cannot stand up straight, I think it has to do with the fact that I am so swollen. I feel like my skin is going to tear if I stretch it out any more. My stomach is hard as a rock, I don't think it felt this stretched/ swollen when I was 9 mos pregnant. Doctor says to massage it to try & work out fluid but it doesn't seem to be getting better. Worried mostly because I have to go back to work in 6 more days & I don't feel like it's getting better

How Much Swelling is Normal?

+1

My concern based on this narrative and the photos is a large fluid collection (seroma) which would explain the swelling and the difficulty in standing. The abdominal skin looks quite inflamed. Seeing your surgeon ASAP is called for here. 

All the best. 

How Much Swelling is Normal?

+1

After reviewing for posted photos I have a few questions. Did you have a drain placed?? When was it removed?? Are you being treated for possible infected seroma?? 

Swelling

+1

Good morning!

I am concerned about how red your tissues appear in the photos- It may just be the coloring of the photo, but it looks like you have a cellulitis or skin infection that necessitates attention.

I would let your PS evaluate ASAP

I hope this helps

Swelling afer tummy tuck

+1

Most patients take 1-2 weeks before they can stand up straight after a tummy tuck, muscle repair, and lipo.  Keep wearing your compressive garment, avoid excess salt or exercise, follow any other instructions from your surgeon, and you should be fine to go back to work in 6 days.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon