Is This Swelling Normal 6 Weeks After a Circumferential Tummy Tuck with Fler De Lis Incision?

I am very happy with the removal of 7 pounds of excess skin. I am nice and firm just below my breasts, and above my mons area. However I am not happy at all with the areas on either side of my belly button. These 2 areas are not flat, and if I bend over the areas look awful as it looks like two pouches of loose skin hanging down. My surgeon said that since I can't pinch much skin there when standing up, that this is my abdominal muscle, and once I can exercise it should be fine. Is this right?

Excess skin when bending over

+1

After tummy abdomen should be flat when standing. But when bending over there will always be excess skin. This skin is what allow you to stand up. It is normal to have excess skin when bending over. Without photos and not knowing how long ago your surgery was it is hard to make any other recommendations.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Is This Swelling Normal

+1

As you might imagine, without a photo it is not really possible to determine the extent of the problem.

I can assure you that anyone who has lost skin elasticity and who is reasonable tight when standing up will not be tight when bending forward--the skin will always buckle as the distance from the chest to the pelvis is decreasing because of the bending.  You may notice that you never see a swimsuit model bending forward in an add--often they are bending backward.

If you were tight while bending forward,  you would not be able to stand upright. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes.