Tender Love Handles After Tumescent Lipo

Hello to all the wonderful doctors ! I had tumuescent lipo done on September 4 of 2010 they did my entire lower abdominal area and bilateral flanks. My lower front stomach looks great, but I still have a muffin top when viewed from the back.

I feel stolen and tender in my love handles especially towards the rear area. In the morning when I wake up, I am not very swollen there or tender, as the day progresses, I start to feel very tender in my love handles only and they get bigger. Normal ?

Love handles and liposuction

+3

It is unusual to feel tenderness in your love handles so far along int he post-op course.  You should probalby check it out with your doctor. 

+2

Your post operative clinical issue is very unusual. An in person second opinion is best path to follow at this stage. I can not recall any of my lipo patients having this issue. Best of luck, keep us informed of your progress. 

Liposuction

+2

Though not very common, every once in a while we see patients who have pain in the area of liposuction.

Prolonged edema is also seen. Both conditions will benefit from daily massage, and external ultrasound therapy.

If pain is much there are some specific medication that target nerve pain after liposuction.

Tumescent Lipo

+1

Have an examination by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and they will provide you with the necessary information on where you are in the process. Thank you for your question.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Swelling in love handles long after liposuction

+1

There is no easy-to-understand reason for your symptom or the intermittent swelling of the love handles after liposuction, this long after.  Your surgeon should evaluate if any non-invasive lymphatic massage techniques might help such as Endermologie, or Velashape.

Ronald Shelton, MD