How Much Swelling is Normal After Buttocks Fat Grafting?

I had buttocks fat grafting performed 10 days ago, with breast aug, large volume lipo to arms, abs, flanks, innner, outer thighes and knees. How much swelling is normal? A total of 13 lbs removed and little over 2 lbs added back into buttocks. I weigh 7 lbs more than I did pre op.

Buttock fat transfer

+1

A fair amont of swelling and weight gain is possible after liposuction.  The more that is done, the more that you will swell and accumulate fluid in your tissue.  Most of this fluid will be gone within the next 6 weeks though.  You have to be patient.  Good luck.

Swelling and increased weight immediately after Brazilian Butt Lift and Lipo is normal.....

+1

It is not uncommon to weigh more immediately after surgery due to swelling, especially after a large volume liposuction surgery. Every liter of saline that is given to you while you are in surgery weighs 2.2 lbs. If you had 13 pounds of fat removed, you probably got a lot more than that same weight back, both intravenously as well as with tumescent fluid, during surgery. Then, you typically continue to swell and absorb even more water that you drink during the next 3 days. From that point on, swelling should start to go away.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Butt enhancement

+1

You ad extensive surgery and should expect very large amount of swelling all over for 6-12 weeks.

However you ask your plastic surgeon to make sure nothing else is going on