Swelling above my left side above incision? (photo)

Has been 8 weeks since my TT and MR still have swelling on left side above my incision will that eventually go away or should I be concerned

Swelling above incision

+2

Thank you for your question and photos. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said you are still in the healing stages so some swelling is to be expected. You did not mention any other symptoms. I would recommend contacting your surgeon who may want to do a physical exam.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Tummy tuck recovery

+2

At 8 weeks a lot of swelling is resolved but not all. There is a chance it will go away but it is early to tell for sure and too early to consider any kind of revision. There is a small chance you may have a fluid pocket or seroma there. Probing by your surgeon may help sort that out. Give it time.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Post op swelling

+2
It is really too soon post-op to assess a final outcome. As hard as it is, please be patient and let the swelling resolve. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon